Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 9

I'm sick. You'd think this would make staying sober easier, but the fact of the matter is that each day is progressively harder. Because I'm sick I can't go to meetings, but after the third meeting the shine really wore off. I'm no longer on that pink cloud of recovery, I'm just angry and sad that I can't have a drink ever again. I know I'm supposed to go day by day, but I can't stop that never again mantra from running through my head.

When I started this blog I thought it would serve as a diary of my recovery. In being such, I would write about my previous blunders, farces, and feelings. I would get everything out. Now I find that my thoughts are stuck to the inside of my brain like glue, and are refusing to move. One of these days maybe I'll be able to do as I wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment